Friday, October 31, 2008

Is The Bible Obsolete?

Is the Bible the final authority for how we humans should live? I don't believe so.

Is it what some consider a "blue print" which gives instruction on how to rationalize killing people in God's name and claim "Forget the Devil, God made me do it, therefore, it's okay."

Wait a minute....what is God anyway?

Hello God??? Are you there?

...well I get the picture....What we call God is always there and I'm grateful. BUt to me, the great old Spirit has a better plan the ones we consider in the Old Testament. God IS still speaking. Are we listening?

So is the Bible obsolete? Hmmm.

The Bible consists of many great stories that compels me to think about the psychology of humanity as a whole and throughout history. To see it survive is one thing, but all those other books that didn't make it for reasons that are all too obvious; politics, deadlines, whoever ruled the day.

So is the Bible obsolete or not? If we say that the Bible is all there is to convey God's message, then I would disagree. It is something to keep thinking about and asking about......

1 comment:

Robot Nine said...

Hey, was hoping you get a chance to come to Robot Nine and play the Picture Puzzle today.



http://robotnine.blogspot.com/2008/12/robot-nine-picture-puzzle-can-you.html



Alan